Friday Update: Weather concerns in Cleveland might put a damper on the outlook of Josh Gordon and DeShone Kizer, who will be discussed throughout the article. Check weather updates Sunday and watch what the Vegas total does. If the total goes down multiple points and/or if the wind is 20 miles per hour or more, exercise caution in using players from that game.
Graphics Tutorial and Reader’s Guide
I've gotten feedback that my graphics aren't as self-explanatory and intuitive as I think they are, so I provided a guide at the beginning of a past version of this article.
- Green text is a good matchup for that team's offensive players.
- Red text is a bad matchup.
- All reference to fantasy points assumes DraftKings scoring rules unless otherwise specified.
- All stats reference the full 2017 season unless otherwise specified.
Bonus: Thursday Night Football Section!
This may as well be called "Ode to Alvin Kamara," but these stats are something we wanted to share this week.
- New Orleans targets running backs on 35.1% of its targets, the highest ratio in the NFL.
- Atlanta allows targets to running backs at a 29.2% rate, the second-highest ratio in the NFL.
- Kamara yards from scrimmage, last five games: 152 vs. TB, 138 at BUF, 116 vs. WAS, 188 at LAR, 126 vs. CAR.
- Kamara receptions, last five games: 6, 5, 6, 6, 5
- Kamara has eight total touchdowns in that five-game stretch.
- Kamara is the overall RB3 in PPR leagues this season, 9.9 points behind LeVeon Bell and 16.2 behind Todd Gurley.
- Kamara (86 carries, 60 receptions) has 190 fewer touches than Bell and 125 fewer than Gurley.