NYG @ PHI
- Sterling Shepard was immediately the most reliable target for Jones and he scored on his way to 6-59-1 line. He should be considered a high floor WR3/Flex going forward. Golden Tate is strong possibility to get traded in the next week.
- Carson Wentz fought hard all night, scored his fifth rushing touchdown in six games, and made the game-winning touchdown pass to Boston Scott to keep the Eagles atop the worst division in football. He’s definitely a matchup QB1 and could be more as the Eagles are going to get back some key offensive pieces in the next few weeks. He should be in lineups against Dallas in Week 8.
- Daniel Jones had his best fantasy game of the season with an 80-yard run that was ended by the turf monster before he reached the end zone and more intermediate passing with the return of Sterling Shepard. He’s a viable matchup play against a weak second half schedule, but not this week against Tampa.
- It wouldn’t be an Eagles game if they didn’t lose an offensive player to injury. This week it was Desean Jackson (on a punt return), which should be your prompt to see if Jalen Reagor is available on the waiver wire. He’ll be back in Week 8 or Week 10 at the latest.
- Richard Rodgers was very good in place of Zach Ertz, in fact better than Ertz had been any point so far this year. He’ll be a fine fill-in TE1 against Dallas this week.
- Boston Scott was merely serviceable for most of the night until a touchdown catch to win the game put him into low PPR RB1 territory for the week. We’re unlikely to see a Miles Sanders return before the bye, so keep Scott in lineups against Dallas.
- Devonta Freeman left with an ankle injury and Wayne Gallman was competent in his place, scoring and catching five passes. Freeman isn’t a sure thing to be back this week, but Gallman would only be a desperation RB2 against the impenetrable Bucs run defense.
- Evan Engram was frequently targeted and adequate in PPR leagues but failed to make a big play and dropped his most important target of the night that could have all but iced the game. Despite rumors to the contrary, he is unlikely to get dealt before the trade deadline.