Monkey Knife Fight is one of the fastest-growing daily fantasy sites and offers a unique product that is a lot of fun. There are no salary caps and you do not have to compete against DFS pros. Instead, you simply find the combination of player props you are most confident in and pick more or less. Since each combination (two or more players) are playing in the same game, we can use correlation to our advantage. For example, if we know that one starting quarterback throws for more yards than projected, the opposing quarterback is more likely to throw for more yards also.
In this weekly article, we will count down the five best props of the week, saving the best for last.
Looking back at last week
Last Week: +3 units
Full Season: +37 units
We closed out the regular season with another winning week that included a pair of comfortable wins.
-Taking the Baltimore and Cincinnati passing overs was a bit of a disaster. The game got out of control more quickly than expected and both quarterbacks came in well under their passing props.
Number 5: Bucs Stack
- This is a correlation play on the Tampa Bay passing offense over the Washington passing offense. It is built differently than what we typically see (QB versus QB and WR versus WR), but that actually makes it slightly more attractive because the WR-WR matchups tend to have more variability.
- Tom Brady threw for multiple touchdowns in each of his final seven games. In five of those seven, he also passed for 340+ yards.
- He averaging 24.3 fantasy points per game over those seven and the consensus of our Footballguys projectors has Brady scoring 22.5 fantasy points this weekend.
- If we project Brady for 22.5, there is value on his side of the prop as long as we do not project Terry McLaurin for 16+ fantasy points. We project him for 15.1, so we are getting a bit of value.
- We also have recent history on our side. McLaurin has not scored 16+ fantasy points since Week 12 (when he had 16.2).
- Due in part to nagging injuries and in part due to poor quarterback play, McLaurin really struggled in the second half of the season. Over the final eight games he scored just one touchdown and had zero 100-yard receiving games. McLaurin was the fantasy WR38 in the second-half of the season.
- We do want to keep an eye on Mike Evans’ injury status before locking in this prop. He is dealing with a knee injury and we will want to see him get in at least a limited practice on Thursday or Friday before submitting here.
Number 4: Focus on the WR1s
More articles from Dan HinderySee all
Monkey Knife Fight Player Props, Week 20
Monkey Knife Fight Player Props, Week 19
Dynasty Trade Value Chart: January