WEEK 15 PREPARATION
Matchups to exploit in Week 15
Some of you may disagree with these thoughts and opinions and that's fine. I like to follow stats, trends, and matchups. These thoughts are based on those observations.
Take advantage of favorable matchups - there are several this week
Both Detroit and Tennessee (Tennesee vs Detroit)
- Detroit has allowed 41, 34, 27, 20, 41, 30, and 31 points in the last seven games.
- Detroit has allowed 9 touchdown passes in the last four games averaging 283 passing yards against with 2.3 touchdown passes.
- Detroit has allowed opposing running backs to score 2+ touchdowns in eight games this year. And Derrick Henry is next.
- Detroit has allowed the most fantasy points to wide receivers since Week 10 averaging 18 receptions for 238 yards and 1.0 touchdowns per game to wide receivers.
- Surprisingly, Detroit has been pretty decent against tight ends this season, allowing the seventh-fewest fantasy points to tight ends.
- Tennessee has allowed the fourth-most fantasy points to quarterbacks since Week 10 (fifth-most all season).
- Tennessee has allowed opponents to score 30+ points on them six times this season.
- Tennessee's defense has the worst third-down conversion against percentage in the league at 52.2%.
- Quarterbacks have had 2+ touchdown passes against Tennessee nine times this season.
- Tennessee has allowed only two touchdowns to running backs going back to Week 10, so Detroit's offense may come mostly on the receiving end. Tennessee has allowed six touchdowns (five to wide receivers and one to a tight end) to receivers in the last three games.
- Must start: Derrick Henry, A.J. Brown, Ryan Tannehill, T.J. Hockenson
- Good start: Corey Davis, Kenny Golladay (monitor status), Matthew Stafford (monitor status), D'Andre Swift
- Coin flip: Jonnu Smith, Marvin Jones Jr (goes up if Golladay is out), Danny Amendola