We are two weeks into the season and we're starting to get some clarity, which is always a good thing, no matter if it's good news or bad. It's the unknown and making important decisions involving the unknown, which makes this hobby a challenge. The more we know, the better off we are.
So what do we know? we know a lot, actually
The first three weeks of the season are my favorite. So much is being learned at this time. The cream is rising to the top. Opportunities are being presented for players and several have answered the bell with a successful first two games. Injuries are starting to mount, especially for quarterbacks. With every injury comes an opportunity for someone else to fill the void, and the cycle continues. Winning your league is about having key performers and knowing who to target before they rise to power. Although it's not a must, players on winning teams are generally more successful fantasy options.
Teams that are 2-0: Buffalo, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Green Bay, Chicago, Los Angeles Rams, Arizona, Seattle
Teams that are 0-2: Miami, New York Jets, Cincinnati, Houston, Denver, Philadelphia, New York Giants, Minnesota, Detroit, Atlanta, Carolina
What makes a successful fantasy running back?
1. Opportunity - There is more of a chance to have success if the opportunity for carries is high. The following teams lead the way in running plays per game. You want to have running backs on these teams. These are also the backs you should target for proactive waiver claims.
- 41.5 LA Chargers - Austin Ekeler, Joshua Kelley
- 39.5 LA Rams - Darrell Henderson, Cam Akers, Malcolm Brown
- 34.0 Tennessee - Derrick Henry
- 34.0 Arizona - Kenyan Drake, Chase Edmonds
- 33.5 Baltimore - Mark Ingram II, J.K. Dobbins, Gus Edwards
- 33.5 New England - Sony Michel, Rex Burkhead, James White
- 33.5 Green Bay - Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, A.J. Dillon
- 33.0 Las Vegas - Josh Jacobs, Devontae Booker
- 31.0 Cleveland - Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt
- 31.0 Indianapolis - Jonathan Taylor, Jordan Wilkins, Nyheim Hines