Saturday Night Update
- The Titans announced last night that Jonnu Smith will be out with a knee injury. Anthony Firkser at $4,600 all of a sudden looks very interesting. He is likely to be popular but it is a tough week at the position so there is some merit into simply locking in some savings and hoping your get a touchdown in a game where Tennessee has a 29-point team total.
- While it is still not official, all signs still point to Ryan Fitzpatrick getting the start with Tua Tagovailoa still limited in practice with a thumb injury. Fitzpatrick is one of the top bargain options at the quarterback position this week.
- Josh Jacobs was ruled out last night, opening the door for Devontae Booker to get the start. At $6,000, Booker is priced up enough that he is far from a lock but he does look like one of the best value plays on the slate.
- Myles Gaskin was just activated from injured reserve. The Dolphins are listing both Salvon Ahmed and DeAndre Washington as doubtful. Matt Breida recently landed on the COVID list. Gaskin and Patrick Laird are the only two backs available for the Dolphins. At just $5,500, Gaskin is another very strong value option at the running back position.
- Allen Robinson left practice Friday with a knee injury and is now listed as questionable. At this point, it looks like Robinson should be good to go but this injury is one you want to follow up until lock if you want to play Robinson.
- Zach Ertz was activated off of injured reserve and practiced in full on Friday. Dallas Goedert was one of a few tight ends featured in the Friday morning first look. The presence of Ertz makes it tougher to pay up for Goedert. On the other hand, the muddied waters should ensure we get Goedert at less than 5% rostered, so he still works as a contrarian play.
- D’Andre Swift was downgraded to doubtful , either due to illness or complications from the concussion he suffered a couple weeks ago. Adrian Peterson is in play but there are higher-upside options.
- David Johnson was activated from injured reserve after missing three games with a concussion. The matchup is tough and Johnson’s price is not overly attractive at $6,200.
- Alexander Mattison was ruled out today after having his appendix removed. Dalvin Cook, even with a minor ankle injury, looks locked into his typical workhorse role. If you are looking for a very deep sleeper for big GPPs, how about Mike Boone ($4,600). He should get at least a handful of carries no matter what. If Cook tweaks that ankle, Boone could swing the slate while on practically 0% of rosters.
More articles from Dan HinderySee all
More articles on: Daily FFSee all
10 Things I Wish I Knew When Starting DFS - Freeman
DFS Coverage: Super Bowl - Staff
DFS Coverage: Conference Championships - Staff