As you read, you may run into some colors in the text. Blue text is a good matchup for that team's offensive players. Red text is a bad matchup. Some other key items are below:
- All red/blue highlighting in tables is relative to the entire NFL, even when showing a limited number of teams.
- All reference to fantasy points assumes DraftKings scoring rules unless otherwise specified.
- All stats reference the full 2018 season unless otherwise specified.
- All fantasy points rankings are on a per-game basis to account for bye weeks unless otherwise specified.
This week, we're trying something different. We're going to be more table-heavy to provide the full picture behind each stat presented. The idea here is to provide you with more data to draw your conclusions. We'll also include the full tables for certain items as appendix sections to the article.
If the data is confusing or overwhelming, check the bottom of the article for how to get a hold of me. Twitter is the best way to get a fast response. E-mail is the better way to ask a longer question.
Of course, when there are action items, those will still be called out as usual.
- Follow the Targets
- Strengths vs. Weaknesses
- The Weakest Links
- **NEW FEATURE** Under Pressure
- Follow the Targets Appendix
- Strengths vs. Weaknesses Appendix
- NSOS vs. DvP Appendix
Follow the Targets
This section will examine which offensive positions have the most success through the air against certain defenses.
Below are the top-10 defenses in terms of how often wide receivers are targeted against them.
|DEFENSE||WR Tgt%||WR Rec%||WR Yd%|
|New England Patriots||68.7%||60.5%||63.9%|
|San Francisco 49ers||64.4%||58.3%||70.7%|
|New Orleans Saints||63.2%||55.4%||67.2%|
|New York Giants||63.0%||62.8%||69.7%|
Below are the top-10 offenses in terms of how often these teams target their wide receivers.
|OFFENSE||WR Tgt%||WR Rec%||WR Yd%|
|Los Angeles Rams||66.7%||66.3%||74.9%|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||66.4%||64.8%||72.8%|
|New York Jets||66.4%||63.1%||73.0%|
Commentary and Action Items