As you read, you may run into some colors in the text. Blue text is a good matchup for that team's offensive players. Red text is a bad matchup. Some other key items are below:
- All red/blue highlighting in tables is relative to the entire NFL, even when showing a limited number of teams.
- All reference to fantasy points assumes DraftKings scoring rules unless otherwise specified.
- All stats reference the full 2018 season unless otherwise specified.
- All fantasy points rankings are on a per-game basis to account for bye weeks unless otherwise specified.
This week, we'll discuss the following topics:
- Strengths and Weaknesses
- Volume vs. Touchdowns
- Looks Can Be Deceiving
- Now #Trending
- The Weakest Links
Strengths and Weaknesses
This section will dissect how offenses gain their yards and how defenses allow them.
|Offensive Team||PaYd%||Rank||Defensive Team||PaYd%||Rank||Avg. %|
|Atlanta Falcons||81.2%||2||Los Angeles Rams||69.6%||20||75.4%|
|Dallas Cowboys||68.7%||17||Philadelphia Eagles||79.4%||31||74.0%|
|New England Patriots||73.7%||6||New York Jets||73.2%||25||73.5%|
|Cincinnati Bengals||81.6%||1||Jacksonville Jaguars||64.8%||8||73.2%|
|Los Angeles Chargers||78.2%||4||Tennessee Titans||67.5%||12||72.9%|
|Green Bay Packers||70.2%||13||Oakland Raiders||74.1%||27||72.2%|
|Seattle Seahawks||67.3%||20||Baltimore Ravens||77.0%||30||72.1%|
|Kansas City Chiefs||80.4%||3||Denver Broncos||63.7%||7||72.0%|
"PaYd%" = the percentage of a team's yards gained or allowed via the pass
"Rank" = the ranking of that percentage among NFL teams
(for offenses, 1 is the highest percentage; for defenses, 32 is the highest percentage)
"Avg. %" = the average of both "PaYd%" figures
(the higher the number, the more passing yardage we can expect for the offense)
- Atlanta gains 81.2% of its total yardage via the pass, the second-highest ratio in the NFL.
- The Rams allow 69.6% of their total yardage via the pass, the 13th-highest ratio.
- The Rams face 66.7 defensive plays per game, seventh-most in the NFL.
- Philadelphia allows 79.4% of its total yardage via the pass, the second-highest ratio.
- Philadelphia allows 52.3% of its total points via passing touchdowns, the fourth-highest ratio.
- New England gains 73.7% of its total yardage via the pass, the sixth-highest ratio.
- The Jets allow 73.2% of their total yardage via the pass, the eighth-highest ratio.
- Green Bay gains 70.2% of its total yardage via the pass, the 13th-highest ratio.
- Oakland allows 74.1% of its total yardage via the pass, the sixth-highest ratio.
- Oakland allows 53.7% of its total points via passing touchdowns, the third-highest ratio.
- Green Bay throws a pass on 65.2% of its neutral-script offensive plays, the sixth-highest ratio in the NFL.
- Oakland faces a pass on 69.2% of its neutral-script defensive plays, the second-highest ratio.
- Oakland allows 2.37 points per drive, fifth-most in the NFL.
More articles from Ryan HesterSee all
Upside RBs: Late-Round Difference-Makers
Upside WRs: Late-Round Difference-Makers
Upside Only: Swinging for the Fences at Tight End
More articles on: Daily FFSee all
10 Things I Wish I Knew When Starting DFS - Freeman
DFS Coverage: Super Bowl - Staff
DFS Coverage: Conference Championships - Staff
More articles on: DraftKingsSee all
Super Bowl Single Game Slate - Knotts
Tips and Picks, Conference Championships - Lee
Vegas Value Chart: Conference Championships - Lee