As the season progresses, it is hard to find those diamonds in the rough or that guy that no one has heard of. This week we are going to examine the plethora of injuries across the league and who the most likely successor is to that starting job as well as highlight some prime matchups as well as surprising performers to this point. This article will also highlight a few long-term and speculative players that could see their value rise over the course of the season.
- Nathan Gerry LB (PHI): 7 solos, 4 assists, 100% defensive snaps
- Najee Goode LB (JAX): Suffered foot injury, 3% defensive snaps
- Rashaan Evans LB (TEN): 8 solos, 2 assists, 97% defensive snaps
- Taco Charlton DE (MIA): 3 solos, 1 assist, 1 sack, 98% defensive snaps
- Jarran Reed DT (SEA): 2 assists, 85% defensive snaps
- Tyson Alualu DE (PIT): Bye week (highlighted early for week 8)
- Maurice Canady CB (BAL): DNP hamstring injury
- Tashaun Gipson Sr S (HOU): 1 solo, left the game with a back injury, 12% defensive snaps
- Taylor Rapp S (LAR): 5 solos, 1 assist, 98% defensive snaps
Now, on to Week 8!