Of the consensus top-salary DFS options, which are worth making a cornerstone element to lineups? Is this more for cash games or tournaments?
Patrick Mahomes II: Electric in Week 1, loses Tyreek Hill, heading to Oakland
Saquon Barkley: Game script crushed his high-efficiency Week 1 performance, now against stingy Buffalo defense
Ezekiel Elliott: Is Elliott back to full usage in Week 2? Dallas with high-flying passing game and at Washington this week.
DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas: Both strong performers in Week 1
Travis Kelce: In his own tier of tight end salaries, but even higher floor and ceiling with no Tyreek HIll? Is he that much better than George Kittle and Evan Engram on main slates to warrant the cost?
- Patrick Mahomes II - It's 2018 all over again. If you're multi-entering tournaments, don't come up empty regardless of the opponent and consider him in cash games every single week.
- Saquon Barkley - Buffalo's defense might be stingy but they couldn't stop another do-it-all back, Le'Veon Bell, from exceeding 20 fantasy points in Week 1. The Bills are far less of a threat to blow the Giants out of the water than the Cowboys, especially with the game being played in New Jersey. Barkley remains an elite play in all formats.
- Ezekiel Elliott - When Elliott gets back to his normal usage, you'll want to be ahead of the curve. Keep an eye on the news cycle, but unless we're told he'll be limited again, don't rule him out of cash game consideration in a game the Cowboys should win handily. There's probably no need to go there in cash this week, though.
- DeAndre Hopkins - Houston's passing game may not be needed much if the Texans defense can dominate rookie quarterback Gardner Minshew at home. Michael Thomas is the better top-tier option this week.
- Travis Kelce - Kelce absolutely deserves to be in his own salary tier. But with Sterling Shepard in the concussion protocol, it wouldn't be shocking to see Evan Engram command even more than last week's 14 targets. In cash games, you have to pocket that $2,100 savings (DraftKings).
More articles from Chad ParsonsSee all
Cutting the Cord: Week 8
The New Reality No.152: Quarterback Touchdown Regression Candidates
Cutting the Cord: Week 7