Are You Risk Tolerant?
Devonta Freeman’s consensus ranking puts him near the top of a tightly bunched tier of RB2s, and that seems logical given what we know of his talent, history, and projected role in 2019. Ultimately, the decision to draft Freeman comes down to two things – are you comfortable with his injury history and do you see Dirk Koetter as an upgrade over Steve Sarkisian?
Reasons for Optimism
- He’s a proven talent with multiple RB1 seasons
- He’s fully healthy after nearly two years of disparate injuries
- There’s a much-needed infusion of young talent on the offensive line
- The team lacks depth and viable competition for touches
Reasons for Pessimism
- It’s been two full seasons since Freeman was worth his current cost
- New OC Dirk Koetter has architected many ineffective ground games in the last eight years
Balancing the pros and cons leaves us with a talented, veteran running back more than capable of living up to his draft cost. But, he’s certainly not without risk and isn’t a definitively better option than running backs like Aaron Jones and Marlon Mack, who are going in roughly the same range.
Want to see the rest?
Enter your email below to become a FREE Insider
and view the full version of this page.
We will never spam you. Ever. Unsubscribe at any time.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN
With our 30-day
Money Back Guarantee
you have nothing to lose