Sunday Morning Update-
This week, the Sunday Morning update may be more critical as there are so many unclear situations. If we hear that a backup running back is getting a full workload that could significantly change lineups here.
- There is some heavy rain going on in Cincinnati/Cleveland and the Over/Under has dropped from 46.5 to 43 indicating that Vegas is concerned about it. Normally wind is a bigger deal than rain, but if it is raining hard enough it certainly matters. This has me somewhat sour on the game as a whole as it is two bad teams facing off. It definitely has me off of John Ross and now scrambling to find some value on this slate.
- Reports and speculation is that Ryquell Armstead will see the bulk of the carries in Jacksonville instead of a split backfield with Devine Ozigbo. Not that surprising as Ozigbo has not played all season outside of special teams, but this firmly puts Armstead in play this week if he is going to get 15+ touches at minimum price even in a somewhat difficult matchup against Indianapolis.
- Ezekiel Elliott over Alvin Kamara. Look, Kamara had a fantastic game last week without a doubt, but in a Week 17 game that they'll have in full control, will he play the full game, or will they potentially bring Latavius Murray in more once they get up in this game? Elliott seems slightly safer than Kamara if you can afford him this week which with Armstead the lineup I'm playing allows me to play him.
Cash Lineup as of 11:15AM EST
- QB Matt Ryan, ATL, $7,800
- RB Ryquell Armstead, JAX, $4,500
- RB Aaron Jones, GB, $8,000
- WR- Jamison Crowder, NYJ, $5,600
- WR Julio Jones, ATL, $8,500
- WR A.J. Brown, TEN, $7,200
- TE Dallas Goedert, PHI, $6,400
- Flex RB- Ezekiel Elliott, DAL, $8,700
- TD New York Jets, $3,200
REVIEW OF LAST WEEK-
Last week was another positive week lifted up mostly by some late heroics by Tyler Eifert and the duo of Julio Jones and Michael Thomas to overcome the injury of Chris Carson and Keenan Allen continuing to struggle.
The mistake that was made was not playing Alvin Kamara as he was popular due to his very low price of $7,200. The matchup was a good one against Tennessee, but not a great one as Tennessee’s defensive line has been solid for most of the year. Kamara broke out of his touchdown slump by scoring two in this game which was more than he had scored all season on the ground.
Tyler Boyd was another popular play that had a huge game with 9 receptions 128 yards and 2 touchdowns. At $6,300 he was a guy who if you played him you likely did very well.
Devonta Freeman was 54% owned and had a breakout game. The matchup could not have been better for Freeman going up against a Jaguars team that has mostly given up at trying to stop the run this season. Freeman had 127 yards and two touchdowns along with 9 receptions as the Falcons just had their entire offense run through Freeman and Jones.
With these three as popular as they were it amazes me that the lineup was able to fit inside the cash line this week with 147.12 points.
More articles from Devin KnottsSee all
More articles on: Daily FFSee all
Daily Fantasy Sports Coverage: Week 7 - Staff
DraftKings GPP Domination: Week 7 - Alexander
FanDuel GPP Guide: Week 7 - Hindery