The late-season running back shuffle is a busy one this season with emerging options and a host of injuries. Pick a few which are most interesting for value and DFS lineups and discuss why they are optimal (or avoid) backfields for Week 16.
- Jamaal Williams
- Elijah McGuire
- Bills backfield
- Texans backfield
- Eagles backfield
- Trusting Leonard Fournette after 'plan' to limit him in Week 15?
- Kalen Ballage
- Tevin Coleman after best game since Week 9
- Matt Breida vs. Chicago
- Jamaal Williams - The Jets have snuffed out the run since their Week 12 loss to New England, but Williams is still worth a few shares. Any running back playing next to Aaron Rodgers has pass-catching and touchdown upside and Williams projects to play every snap.
- Elijah McGuire - Still priced well enough for cash games (DraftKings) but Jets offense caps his ceiling for GPPs.
- Bills backfield - As of this writing, it's a complete unknown which Bills running back (if any) will be healthy enough to play. Most likely a situation to avoid.
- Texans backfield - Any running back playing against Philadelphia warrants consideration. Even Alfred Blue.
- Eagles backfield - Too tough to predict the breakdown in touches with Adams banged up and a difficult matchup vs. Houston to boot. Avoid.
- Leonard Fournette - You're better served pretending the Jaguars aren't on the schedule from this point forward.
- Kalen Ballage - Cheap enough to warrant consideration despite poor matchup vs. Jacksonville. Athletic specimen with fresh legs looks like the lead-back with Dolphins favored at home.
- Tevin Coleman - Can't believe it took this long since Devonta Freeman went down, but with Ito Smith out, we'll finally get to see what Coleman can accomplish with Atlanta's backfield to himself. He's a high-exposure play for me in Week 16.
- Matt Breida - Setting yourself up for disappointment. Strong chance he doesn't make it through the complete game.
Want to see the rest?
Become a Daily Fantasy Pro to view the full version of this page.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN
With our 30-day
Money Back Guarantee
you have nothing to lose