The injury (and depth chart shuffle) continues late in the 2018 season. Which shift will create DFS value plays for Week 14?
- Kareem Hunt out, Spencer Ware in as Chiefs starter, solid home favorite against stingy Baltimore defense
- Matt Breida out, Jeff Wilson in for 49ers
- Greg Olsen out, Ian Thomas in for Panthers
- Dante Pettis as one of the last healthy wide receivers in San Francisco in recent weeks, home underdogs against Denver
- A.J. Green out, is Tyler Boyd a strong play as huge road underdogs against Chargers?
- Christian Kirk out, is it Larry Fitzgerald or bust for struggling Arizona passing game at home against Detroit?
- James Conner out as big road favorites at Oakland. If Conner is out will there be clarity for a strong DFS play?
James Brimacombe: I don’t mind going with Tyler Boyd here as he has been a strong play all year long and continues to be overlooked here in the second half of the season. The Bengals are in a downward spiral right now but Boyd remains the bright spot on the team as he has collected 97 targets on the season for 69/938/6 line and is coming off a 6/97/0 game with Jeff Driskel as the starter.
I think it is not the worst play to rely on Larry Fitzgerald this week as he is currently on his retirement tour and everything that could have gone wrong for Arizona has this season. With Fitzgerald, there are still some storylines to be written and maybe a strong finish to the season is in the cards for him. In the past six games he does have five touchdowns so playing him this week and just hoping for that touchdown reception could make a lot of sense. As far as looking for safe receptions and yards out of him I wouldn’t count on it and that is why I would prefer him as a GPP play over a cash play this week.
As far as plugging in a running back in Conner’s place I think the answer is no. I would rather go the route of using Ben Roethlisberger as my quarterback this week and knowing that I was going to get a slight bonus with him as he doesn’t have a star running back to potentially take touchdowns away from him.
Want to see the rest?
Become a Daily Fantasy Pro to view the full version of this page.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN
With our 30-day
Money Back Guarantee
you have nothing to lose