Footballguys has partnered with FanDuel and as part of that deal, I will be penning a weekly piece that tries to cover some of the finer points on beating their contests. This article will usually appear on Saturdays and not include the early Thursday games.
My approach to FanDuel's Daily Games
In salary cap games where other companies are determining prices, I like to see where their thoughts differ substantially from my projections. My value chart below matches my projections against FanDuel's prices:
Some explanation of my Excel manipulation is in order:
- Everything is sorted by position
- I have converted my projections to FanDuel Fantasy Points. These figures appear in the FP column.
- The Price column reflects FanDuel's Week 18 Price
- The Ratio column reflects the expected points multiplier (per thousand of salary). The higher the value the better.
- H-Value represents our own proprietary formula that matches the price and expected fantasy points (the higher the value the better).
- ETP = A team's expected points via the Las Vegas spread and under/over totals. The higher the better.
- In the 2017 Cracking FanDuel book, I demonstrated that selecting players who were in the upper half of the Ratio, H-Value, and Expected Team Point indicators at their positions led to the best fantasy success. I call these three factors the Criteria.
- I have highlighted the player's names (in green) that should be strong considerations for your lineups. Most of these players meet the criteria factors. These selections generally reflect the most bang for the buck at their respective positions. Players in yellow represent other selections that I rate slightly worse than the top plays at their position. Players in blue represent potential boosts due to others scratching.
Situations that stand out to me this week.
- Offensive scoring has been up all season long, but this week's games feature a lot of teams with above average defenses. Only Houston, Chicago, and Indianapolis have implied team totals above 23 points. Make sure you get your shares of players involved on teams with expected high team totals. Listed by descending expected team points:
- Houston Texans (vs IND) - 25.00 points
- Chicago Bears (vs PHI) - 24.00 points
- Indianapolis Colts (at HOU) - 23.50 points
Want to see the rest?
Become a Daily Fantasy Pro to view the full version of this page.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN
With our 30-day
Money Back Guarantee
you have nothing to lose