Footballguys has partnered with FanDuel and as part of that deal, I will be penning a weekly piece that tries to cover some of the finer points on beating their contests. This article will usually appear on Saturdays and not include the early Thursday games. This first release is coming early though as I will be in Vegas competing in the FFPC contests.
My approach to FanDuel's Daily Games
In salary cap games where other companies are determining prices, I like to see where their thoughts differ substantially from my projections. My value chart below matches up my projections against FanDuel's prices:
Some explanation of my Excel manipulation is in order:
- Everything is sorted by position
- I have converted my projections to FanDuel Fantasy Points. These figures appear in the FP column.
- The Price column reflects FanDuel's Week 4 Price
- The Price per FP column reflects the cost per projected fantasy point (the lower the value the better).
- I have highlighted player's names (in green) that should be strong considerations for your lineups. They generally reflect the most bang for the buck at their respective positions. Players in yellow also are worth consideration when building your roster.
Situations that stand out to me this week.
- Atlanta's defense looked unbeatable against the hapless Bucs on Thursday, but Drew Brees managed to hang 333 passing yards and a score on them in week 1. Andy Dalton also managed 252 yards and a score (on just 23 passing attempts) in week 2. At just $5,900 Teddy Bridgewater should easily double his salary letting you play a few more studs in your lineup.
- QBs, RBs, TEs, PKs, and Defs have all shredded the Jaguars. This could be an all in moment for everything powder and blue this week. The best option from this list looks to be RB Donald Brown ($6,300). With all of the other San Diego backs shelved, look for Brown to have an increased workload in this one. Vegas has the line at 13 points and that might be generous. Jacksonville is allowing 160 rush yards and 1.3 rushing TDs per game so far.
- I'm having a hard time seeing past PK Shayne Graham, NO (at $4,500). He might not win the week, but I suspect the DAL/NO game should be enough of a high scoring affair, that you can bank the extra cash to upgrade elsewhere.
- The Jets defense is stellar against the run allowing just 55 yards and NO TDs per game so far. But where they stuff the run, they have shown to be very vulnerable to the pass. Currently they are giving up 2.3 passing TDs through the air per week. Last week, the Jets rolled their coverage in an attempt to stop Brandon Marshall. It was effective (but Marshall was also way less than 100%). I suspect they will try to do the same with Calvin Johnson, although no one ever expects to fully stop Calvin. If the Jets do this, Golden Tate could represent crazy value this week at $5,500.
Sample Roster ($60K) - Projected Points = 128.5
- QB Teddy Bridgewater, Min - $5,900
- RB Matt Forte, Chi - $8,600
- RB Donald Brown, SD - $6,300
- TE Greg Olsen, Car - $6,100
- WR Calvin Johnson, Det - $9,300
- WR Antonio Brown, Pit - $8,400
- WR Golden Tate, Det - $5,500
- TD San Diego - $5,300
- PK Shayne Graham, NO - $4,500