In a world full of pundits, few predicted Sony Michel would be a first-round draft pick, going ahead of his teammate at Georgia, Nick Chubb. But that’s exactly what happened as the Super Bowl runners-up Patriots selected the dynamic runner with the 31st overall selection.
Reasons to Be Excited
- Sony Michel is an exceptional running back, with the versatility to play a three-down role
- The Patriots offense routinely finishes at or near the top of the league standings
- Michel is only the second running back taken in the first round by Belichick
- Dion Lewis – arguably the team’s most dynamic runner last year – signed with Tennessee
Reasons to Be Skeptical
- Very few Patriots running backs deliver consistent, top-20 fantasy value
- No rookie Patriots running back under Belichick has ever done so
- The offensive line is highly questionable
- Michel has major fumbling concerns
Michel is a difficult prospect to handicap because he’s landed on a team with the least predictable play-calling and system. As much as Michel’s talent and the Patriots offense are enticing, the crushing weight of historical context argues strongly in favor of passing on the rookie at his current average draft position.
The Better Bulldog?
Want to see the rest?
Enter your email below to become a FREE Insider
and view the full version of this page.
We will never spam you. Ever. Unsubscribe at any time.
Special Offer: New DRAFT.com customers who deposit $10
get our Season Long Pro plan for FREE.
"Footballguys is the best premium
fantasy football only site on the planet."
Matthew Berry, ESPN
With our 30-day
Money Back Guarantee
you have nothing to lose