- Green text is a good matchup for that team's offensive players.
- Red text is a bad matchup.
- When a player's name is green, it means that he exceeded 2.75x value on his DraftKings salary that week.
- If a name is red, it means that player was under 2x his value.
- All reference to fantasy points assumes DraftKings scoring rules unless otherwise specified.
- All stats reference the full 2017 season unless otherwise specified.
- All fantasy points rankings in the matchup graphics are on a per-game basis to account for bye weeks.
Fans of last year's version of this column know that I examined a number of teams and players each week in this space. I used fantasy points against, points-per-dollar salary, and other metrics to unearth valuable plays each week. With only one week of this season in the books, doing a column in last year's style would be pretty boring and incomplete. So for this week (and possibly for the next couple as well), I'll be going away from last year's format until we are able to have enough data to make that a more fruitful use of time.
This week, we'll discuss the following topics: