All our week 20 content
Week 20 Early Injury Report
by Mark Wimer, Exclusive to
QB Erik Ainge - NYJ
- Ainge, who was listed as probable to play on Friday despite an illness, missed practice on Thursday before practicing fully on Friday - he was on the inactive list for the divisional playoff game.
QB Curtis Painter - IND
- Painter, who was listed as probable to play on Friday despite his sore ankle, was active but didn't play in the divisional playoff game.
RB Joseph Addai - IND
- Addai was sidelined for part of the game on Saturday night due to a shoulder injury of unspecified severity. He did return to action - Addai will be evaluated further as the week moves along.
RB Pierre Thomas - NO
- Thomas, who was listed as probable before the divisional playoff game due to sore ribs (that were broken in late December), did play on Saturday. However, he tweaked his right ankle during the game, but Thomas said Sunday he only had the ankle re-tapped and isn't bothered by it. 'I feel good right now,' Thomas said. 'I took a couple shots, but hey, I'm always going to take some shots. I said coming into (Saturday's) game that I was about 85 or 90 percent. Now, I'm getting close to 100 percent.'
RB Brian Westbrook - PHI
- In a non-playoff related note, reports out of Phildelphia on Monday, January 18th indicate that Brian Westbrook's injured knee is in bad enough shape that he might not be able to pass team physicals any longer - he may be forced to retire. Westbrook owners in dynasty leagues will want to keep an eye on this developing story line during the off-season.
WR Robert Meachem - NO
- Meachem appears to have suffered a left ankle injury in the first half on Saturday, according to local reports out of New Orleans. He briefly left the game to get his left ankle taped, but returned to action. On Sunday, he was spotted in a protective walking boot. He'll be evaluated further as the week goes along.
TE Jeremy Shockey - NO
- Shockey, who fought through a sore right big toe to play in the divisional round, banged up his right knee during the game on Saturday. He received treatment on the sidelines and was riding a stationary bike to keep the joint loose - he was in and out of the game after the injury. He stated on Sunday that he'd be fine for the NFC Championship game - Shockey will be evaluated further as the week goes along.
PK Adam Vinatieri - IND
- Vinatieri, who was listed as probable to play on Friday by the Colts and who supposedly fully participated in practices last week, was none-the-less inactive on Sunday due to his ongoing right hip woes (Matt Stover handled all the PK duties). The Colts listed 22 of their 53 active players on the Friday injury report, by the way.
DE Ervin Baldwin - IND
- Baldwin, though he was listed as probable to play on Saturday and fully participated in practices last week, was inactive for the divisional playoff game on Saturday night. The Colts listed 22 of their 53 active players on the Friday injury report, by the way.
DE Ray Edwards - MIN
- Edwards suffered a right knee injury of unspecified severity in the game vs. Dallas on Sunday. He attempted to play through the problem, but was eventually forced to the sidelines. After the game, Edwards asserted he'd be fine for the NFC Championship contest - he'll be evaluated further as the week goes along. 'I think he will be OK,' head coach Brad Childress said during a radio interview after the game. 'No reason for him to come back in at that point.' The team is characterizing the injury as a bruised knee.
DE Shaun Ellis - NYJ
- Ellis returned to the team's divisional round playoff game on Sunday after suffering a hand injury earlier in the game - he'll be evaluated further as the week goes along. Ellis' hand was heavily wrapped and the injury seemed to impair his ability to make tackles late in the game.
S Antoine Bethea - IND
- Bethea was shaken up in the playoff game on Saturday night, but returned to action. 'I just came down wrong,' Bethea said after the game. 'But I'm all right.'
S Jim Leonhard - NYJ
- Leonhard suffered a shiner under his left eye during the game on Sunday, but stayed in the action. His helmet was knocked off during a scrum to recover a fumble during the game, and he received the injury at that time.